Sunday 12 June 2011

Report of recent weeks.

After a few weeks of not blogging, I thought I'd update my posts just to provide an insight into the stress and strains, along with the highs and lows of my last 3 weeks. Whether it's my cricket or my education, it certainly slots in with the 'peaks and troughs' cliché.
So, where can I start? Cricket: 3 weeks ago Bagnall CC played Norton in the u17s league. Up against the likes of Jack Wagstaff (Waggy), Joel Staton (Mozz) and Sean Reeves-Jones (Curls) we fought a highly competitive game. The game was packed full of controversy and good cricket with Norton ending up on around 140 all out. Bagnall, at the u17s level, did not win a game in the league in the previous season and so this was a must win game in a fight to turn the tables of last season. We lost a couple of early wickets however Tom Gordon (56) and myself (40) put on a quick fire 100-partnership to see the team to our second win of the season, to put it simply, we were buzzing to beat our rivals but also our mates. Amongst some less decent senior team matches, last week we played Knypersley, a notoriously decent side who usually contend for the title. We knew it would be a tough test however; we tried to go in with a positive mentality. So, mentality, that didn't really send us where we wanted to go as Knypersley posted 248-5 from only 24 overs leaving us to bat 40 overs. We saw that clearly we weren't going to win the game so Josh Jeynes (37) and myself (86*) batted through the game seeing us finish on 176-3 and epic result for us which felt like a victory. This week there was no game for the u17s and I was run-out on Saturday, not of my own fault and we lost the game.
Education: Exams seem to have taken over the world in recent weeks with GCSE's, AS-Levels and A-Levels all taking place. I have had 5 AS-Levels which have been a tough, however they have now passed and I feel I need to look to the future rather than reflecting on the past.
Life is good and there is always somebody worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment