Thursday 19 May 2011

Why is he so special?

Why is Pete Doherty such a popular man? I really can't see it after witnessing a performance of his last night, where I can only really describe him as a man with a guitar. As a gig, yeah it was a good night out, however, no thanks to the 'star of the show'. I am not a lifelong follower of his, like many I witnessed within the venue and therefore I would not have any biased towards him whatsoever.
So, what makes him so popular, that tens of thousands of fanatical people know every word to every song of his, to the extent that they know his songs better than Pete does himself? Is it the fact it's now cool to take life-destroying drugs? Is it the fact he's a total mess and that's now 'in fashion'? Or is it just luck that he's been chosen by a group of people which has grown drastically like a flock of sheep. It may be the fact that he has been a member of two relatively successful bands or that he has been a partner of model- Kate Moss. Is that it?
I'm really not too sure. The conclusion that I'm going to come to is that he's a clever lad, 7 A*'s at GCSE and 2 A's at A-level surely can't mean that its pure luck that he's got to where he is but I believe that all of his life events, public or private, have fallen in the right places at the right times, leaving him with a strong fan base, a mess of a life and a set of songs which will make him money by turning up and strumming a guitar, whether he sings or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment